The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How to Visualize

A few years ago I watched The Secret movie and then read the book. It seemed so simple yet hard to believe it could actually work. It was also a time in my life when after over 12 years of being single, I was giving up on finding a great guy. I decided I was repeating the same patterns in my quest for Mr. Right and I needed to do something different. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT became my mantra.

In the spring of 2008, as I scrolled thru an online dating service site yet again, I decided to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT - as in give men who usually wouldn't interest me, a chance to get to know me. I am a person who has always known I DO NOT want children - so single fathers with full custody would normally be someone I would skip right over - but I decided to DSD! I wrote to one widower who was in the process of adopting his two very young granddaughters. As it happened, of course, we seemed to connect. It was about that same time I heard about The Secret.

I determined I really liked this guy - and weighed the options of a letting him go vs. accepting that fate had sent a great guy to me with two little girls! Oh, and did I mention he found someone else online and started dating her just as we were getting to know one another? The Secret gave me the determination to make this man mine - despite the roadblocks I faced.



So, I pictured this man as my husband, I visualized our wedding, my being a mother and I even wrote our names as Mr and Mrs. (not to him of course). I pictured my house with the 4 of us living in it and, basically, I really 'felt' like this was my future husband I was writing/chatting with. (I had never actually met this man in person but my instincts just told me he was a keeper)

Sure enough, within a couple weeks, he confided things didn't work out with the woman he was seeing and within 2 months of 'meeting' online, we were a couple and by the end of the year - we all lived together in my house and were planning our wedding for the following summer!

That was my first experience with The Secret. I became a believer after that.

My second experience began over a year ago - October 2009. Money had been really tight up til that point as I had reduced my hours in January of that year to accommodate day care. But after working basically just to pay day care expenses, in Sept I resigned completely from my position. Now we were one income with two mortgages (in this recession - his house was not selling!) and a boatload of debt. My husband and I sat down and listed all of our debt! It seemed insurmountable at the time. Monthly expenses were much greater than monthly income but I made up my mind that by the end of 2010 we would have paid off a third of all debt. Seemed pretty impossible at the time. I had NO IDEA how it was going to happen. But I visualized the pie chart I had created filling in with paid off debt. I 'knew' we would somehow do it. I never wavered in my faith that by the end of 2010 we would have one third paid off.

As of last update, as we are days away from the end of 2010, not only have we paid off a full third of the total debt, but we have paid off 41.46% of all our debt! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently wrote about my third encounter with The Secret in my blog titled, The Power of The Secret. Please read for more proof that The Secret really works!

I try to offer gratitude constantly throughout the day. I also try to block out time to focus on things I want. I meditate daily in front of my vision board. I try to really feel the feelings associated with what I desire, I envision specific things that pertain to the items  I want (like writing Mr. and Mrs Right when I wanted to make Mr. Right my husband or money constantly coming to me so that I could pay down my debt). I visualized myself achieving my goals. I sang silly songs in my head and out loud (in my car) to continuously be positive about what I want (see Happy Song blog). Imagine what you want is really happening to you - how does it make you feel? What would you see, smell, feel or taste if what you wanted were to really come true. Imagine those same senses while visualizing!

I don't know how this works - The Law of Attraction seems so unreal - but I know that it does work! I've tested it a number of times and I've never been let down.

Please share your success with The Secret. I'd love to hear from others about how The Secret has worked for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment