The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Monday, July 11, 2011

Refresher Course To Being AMAZING!

I love The Secret. I also love The Power - both books by Rhonda Byrne. I used The Secret to end decades of bad relationships and bring into my life the most wonderful man possible. I still offer gratitude daily for him coming into my life because he's employed, not an alcoholic, and not afraid of commitment. And he loves me more than I can imagine!


After we married a couple years ago we sat down and wrote out all our debt, not a pretty picture! It was a very hard time financially for us, especially since I was being laid off from my job. But I knew a secret, The Secret! My husband and I laughingly referred to ourselves as Money Magnets and it worked - I can not tell you how many times money came to us in totally unexpected ways! There was the audit from my old job that showed I had been under compensated in my benefits that resulted in a surprise check, there were anticipated annual debts that came in at lower costs, items we sold that went for more than we expected etc etc. It really became a joke for us because it happened so frequently. I can't say we are completely debt free at this time but I can say we have paid off over one hundred thousand dollars in debt and are half way to our goal! Financially, we are much better off than we were when we married!

So my love life is great, finances are improving constantly, but I confess that recently I admitted to myself that I am not as happy as I should be - or want to be. Several areas of my life seem to be off and it was really depressing me.

So I pulled out The Power this weekend and began reading it once again. Right there ~ the very first line of the Introduction ~ YOU ARE MEANT TO HAVE AN AMAZING LIFE! Wow! I AM meant to have an amazing life so why don't I feel like I have an amazing life? No matter how much I believe in The Secret and The Power - I realized I have not been feeling amazing in so many areas of my life. Perhaps I was too focused on money - but money does not buy happiness. My life is not amazing. That was my revelation. But I want my life to be amazing! So I read on................

Page 5 held the key to my enlightenment!

Life is simple. Your life is made up of only two kinds of things- positive things and negative things. Each area of your life, whether it's your health, money, relationships, work, or happiness, is either positive or negative to you.

WOW! I read that line several times because it hit home. I started with health and went thru each area she listed and shockingly realized most were negative! OUCH! I have some serious work to do in changing how I feel. This really surprised me because I thought I was a good practitioner of The Secret but it seems I was way off course. For this reason alone, I am grateful I started to read The Power again!

Sometimes we get caught up in living our lives and lose sight of what is important to ourselves. No matter how much we believe in something-sometimes we need to re-examine our beliefs - take a refresher, if you will.  Whether we seek to learn new things about ourselves or seek ways to improve what we already know, the greatest gift we can give to ourselves is the time to take care of ourselves and do what we need to ~ to have an AMAZING LIFE.

Go forth and be AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment