The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Magic Works

Recently my husband and I bought a new home in a new town. Having lived most of my life on the same road, I am very use to people driving past and waving or neighbors walking by and having a conversation. We bought the new house back in March but because our young girls are in school, we are holding off on moving til the school year ends.

However, we are over at the new house quite often and out in the front yard cutting trees, brush and the lawn. Being on a dead end road with approximently 20 houses beyond us, the traffic isn't as heavy as my previous home but the vehicles are becoming very familiar. I wish I could say the same for the drivers. I've commented numerous times to my husband that people over there are not very friendly. Even the mailman doesn't wave! As for the people directly across the street, a wave occassionally but hardly what I would term friendly. (OK, so maybe it is because on a first visit our big dog took off across the road when Mr. Neighbor was getting his mail, but we have her trained now!)

I'm not sure why it matters to me, but it does. I want a 'friendly' relationship with my neighbors! And apparently this has been gnawing at me. Recently I have been reading The Magic by Rhonda Byrne - author of The Secret and The Power etc. It's a book of daily assignments to help transform my life and attract good things into my life. Day 21 was the Magnificent Outcomes day where I had to choose 3 situations that were important to me that I could use gratitude to attract into my life. As one of my 3 choices, I decided one item should be totally random so I could see if it worked. I decided that since it was a day we would be spending at the new house, I would choose to show gratitude for the neighbors that would stop by for a chat. I had to write: Thank you for the magnificent outcome to a neighbor stopping by for a chat. Throughout the day I  showed gratitude for the neighbor stopping by, I used my thoughts and feelings to try attracting this situation into my day.

All morning we were in the front yard- I was weeding a garden by the road. No one stopped by. A car did stop to ask directions but I didn't consider that as being a Magnificent Outcome. In the afternoon, we picked up the girls from school and returned to the new place where we had dinner. It was getting late and I had kind of given up on the friendly neighbor visit.

I was sitting in the house with our two dogs as my husband was out mowing around our field and the girls were out front playing when a Mother and her daughter - NEIGHBORS - went past on horseback. They stopped and talked to my girls!!!  Because my dogs were going crazy, I didn't venture outside but I didn't care - I was just so excited that a neighbor stopped to chat! (even if it turned out not to be with me)(Later I found out they also chatted with my husband, who apparently got the lawn mower stuck and the women said they would help him get it unstuck but the horses were too spirited - so apparently everyone in my family  talked to these neighbors EXCEPT ME!) I was in awe - I had shown gratitude all day for a Magnificent Outcome to a neighbor stopping by to chat, and it happened!

As for the other two situations I tried to attract that day - one did happen but the other was too vague to know for sure. 

So, moral of the story, The Law of Attraction works. Not all new neighbors are unfriendly! And next time I try to attract a Magnificent Outcome, I will be more specific that I want to outcome to happen to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment