The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jillian Michaels and Intuition

Intuition. Webster's Dictionary defines intuition as:

1 : the power of knowing immediately and without conscious reasoning
2 : something known or understood at once


I was recently reading an article in the July 2012 issue of Ladies' Home Journal about Jillian Michaels. She recently adopted an adorable little girl from Haiti. This is what she said of first meeting Lukensia.



"I met her a year ago on a trip visiting orphanages for All Blessings International, an organization I work with. I was visiting this one orphanage and the next thing I knew she jumped into my arms. She just grabbed me and clung to me and I immediately felt something. I was like, 'Oh my God, this is my daughter.' I asked people what was going on with her, and they're like, 'She's placed already, she's going to a family in Germany.' And I said, 'I don't think so, I don't think that's meant to be.' They thought I was insane. Then last October I got an e-mail from the woman who ran the orphanage that said: 'She's available, you can be her mom if you want.' Granted, it's not that easy -- you have to go through the process. But that's what happened, and I do think there's a certain amount of fate involved. Life has a way of working out the way it's meant to."


What struck me was Jillian's instantaneous connection with Lukensia and how she intuitively KNEW that child was her future daughter. It didn't matter that the toddler was already placed with another family. Jillian's impassioned belief that she was holding her daughter is the LOA at its best. When a person believes so strongly in something, when their emotions are so powerful, it has to come true. It is law.

Jillian chalked it up to fate and life working out the way it's meant to be. It is interesting that the definition of fate is as follows: 

The development of events outside a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.

Determined by a supernatural power! Perhaps A.K.A. The Law of Attraction?!?! And the development of events IS in a person's control. You just have to believe that it can happen.

Back to Intuition. For me, I see intuition as a way for the universe to help those unfamiliar with the LOA bring to them those things they want but might not quite realize they want or know how to get it. It's a jolt of energy that says 'here I am - come and get it!' If you 'intuitively' know something- your faith is just that much stronger in its manifestation and because of this, you will attract the outcome you 'knew' was going to happen. When I think back over my past and how intuitive I use to consider myself, I have to chuckle. It wasn't so much I already KNEW things - but by thinking about things - how I attracted them to me. I love the irony of it all!


1 comment: