The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WHO DO YOU LOVE AND WHY YOUR ANSWER IS WRONG



Who do you love?

WRONG answer - unless you said yourself! To truly love someone else, you must first learn to love yourself. I could have saved myself alot of heartache if I had learned this lesson years (ok - decades) ago. Instead of loving myself, I tried to find someone else to love me. Their love and approval meant more to me than my own. How sad is that?


How do you begin to love yourself?  A great place to start is appreciation for who you are right now. Gratitude is a great tool for learning to love yourself. Be grateful for the person you are in this moment. You may not be the person you want to be, you may not see anything of value in yourself but you are so blessed! You have the self awareness to acknowledge these feelings about yourself. And with knowledge comes power.

You have the power within to change your beliefs about yourself and start loving yourself. If you are in a place where you don't see anything lovable about yourself, but you are aware of this, then you can set in place the actions to change how you feel when you look in a mirror.



 Each day write down 5 reasons in a journal why you love yourself.

  • I am kind to people
  • I love the dimples in my cheeks
  • My child called me the BEST MOMMY in the world
  • I make a killer cup of coffee
  • I smile at strangers
  • Today I was patient with a rude, demanding customer
  • I aced my final exam because I studied hard and put in a lot of effort. 
  • My co-worker complemented me on my new outfit that I felt proud to purchase with my hard earned cash.
You get the point. There are several reasons every day to acknowledge good things about yourself. Write them down. And when you are feeling especially down on yourself, read back over your daily reasons for an instant mood booster.

Shop St. Patrick's Day Gifts on Zazzle.com


Some other great ideas for constant uplifting thoughts are:

  • Every time you see your reflection in a mirror, window etc - say something good about yourself
  • Make a vision board of who you feel you want to be- images of a happy looking mom with her children, a group of happy friends, a successful business women. Whatever it is you want to be, put that image on a board so you can look at it and say that is who I truly am
  • Carry in your pocket a memento so each time you touch it you are reminded to think of good things about yourself
  • Post mantras and inspirational quotes around your home and office for constant reminders. Also make them backdrops on your computer and phone
  • Lastly, I heard this one from someone recently  and it's a good one. Each time you walk thru a doorway, say something positive about yourself. You will be AMAZED at how many times a day you walk thru a doorway!  


If you keep attracting the wrong people into your life, it's not them that needs to change. It's you! Learn to love yourself and once that happens, you'll be able to answer the above question correctly, and then you will attract the right people into your life who truly love you as well.

Start now, list 5 positive things about yourself that you love! I'm sure there are many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment