The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

How Mindfulness Can Bring More Prosperity and Abundance


 Do you drive the same road to work every day or walk/jog the same path daily for exercise? Are you plugged into a device where you listen to music or audio books but you were thinking about something else and missed what was said so you had to replay the episode? Have you ever reached your destination but had no recall as to the journey you just took? If so, you were most likely on Autopilot.  Your mind wasn’t focused on the journey or path that you were on. Your mind was drifting aimlessly to your own thoughts. We’ve all done it.  I clearly remember times when I reached my destination and thought ‘that was fast’. My random thoughts had made the journey seem faster, but I didn’t recall the sites along the way. I’ve had people comment on places I pass regularly while driving, mentioning a new business or the tragedy of a burned home and I never noticed because I was in my own little world. Autopilot is like seeing the world thru a tunnel. You know the end goal, how to get there, set the Autopilot button but none of the surroundings outside that tunnel are visible. You don’t see the new businesses, the true color of the sky or even the steering wheel your hands are holding. Who wants that kind of journey thru life?!?

This journey is thru a tunnel. Do you see the beauty of this tunnel or just drive aimlessly thru it?
My mind wanders constantly. For example, I may be folding laundry but my mind might be on planning dinner. And then dinner becomes the thought that I need to go grocery shopping. Thinking about kids’ school lunch staples becomes a thought about my daughter’s need for a note for early dismissal for an appointment. And on and on the random thoughts come into my head. The chores get done and some of those random thoughts may have helped me remember to do certain tasks or work out a problem I was anticipating but did I really appreciate the task at hand? OK, folding laundry may not be a task one wants to be focused on while doing it, but why not?

Being MINDFUL is defined on Google search as being conscious or aware of something and/or focusing on one’s awareness on the present moment, especially as part of a therapeutic or meditative technique. I should be MINDFUL of each piece of clothing I pull from the dryer and of each fold I make as I fold my laundry. That would suffice a standard MINDFULNESS practice. But I like to go one step deeper, because if you’re going to be MINDFUL, do it with GRATITUDE.

I know this is not what MINDFULNESS is, but to me it is just a logical extension for being MINDFUL. Every day, like everyone who is reading this, I default to Autopilot. I lose myself in my dreamlike world, endless chore list and random thoughts. I spend a lot of time in tunnels, so to speak. But on the occasion when I do become MINDFUL of the task at hand, I take it a step further and offer GRATITUDE. I am GRATEFULfor the clothes I have to fold, I am GRATEFUL for the money I have to buy the clothes and the machines and detergents to clean them, I am GRATEFUL that I have water!

When I am driving down the same roads I always drive, and I have a moment of clarity, I offer appreciation for my car that gets me places, that I can afford gas in my tank, etc. I also use the journey to inspire my GRATITUDE. For instance, if I see an ambulance, I think to offer GRATITUDE for my healthy family.

If we attract what we think about, I guess I don’t really want to attract more laundry into my life, but I do want to continue to attract the ability to have clothes to fold and a way to keep them clean! To me, that is what MINDFULNESS is! At its core, MINDFULNESS is being aware of your surroundings. But being aware is like emotionlessness to me. Yes, I’m folding laundry. I’m pulling a shirt from the dryer, I’m folding it and adding it thoughtfully to the pile of already folded clothing. BLAH! But by mixing in the GRATITUDE, it makes me happy and appreciative. And we all know that GRATITUDE and appreciation is what attracts more good things into our lives

Maybe I’m not MINDFUL. Maybe I’m just GRATEFUL. Or maybe I’M MINDFUL OF MY GRATITUDE! Now that is something to think about! 

Be Mindful with Gratitude. Switch off the Autopilot! Fly freely to Prosperity and Abundance.  


No comments:

Post a Comment