The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Monday, November 15, 2010

Vision Boards, Meditation and How To Be A Money Magnet


Vision boards - if you've read THE SECRET or other Law of Attraction themed books, you know that they all suggest VISION BOARDS. I love the story in The Secret about the man who pulled an old vision board out of storage only to realize a home he had put on that vision board years ago was the exact house he happened to be living in at that time! Powerful stuff!!

I recently created my vision board and I suspect many people have a similar theme of desires on their own boards. Most want happiness, a relationship, health and wealth! I have clippings for being a good Mom on my board along with the Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler I've wanted since I can remember. And of course - lots of pictures of Africa - a childhood dream destination.

I have my board in my livingroom where I see and look at it daily. On the rare occasion when no one is home but me, I prop it up in front of the TV and assume my meditation pose in front  of the board. I close my eyes and concentrate deeply on everything on my board - envisioning that I already have it and giving thanks for it.

It is, unfortunately, difficult for me to find quiet time daily to meditate on my vision board. I try to steal moments when I can to focus on my thoughts - before getting out of bed in the morning, in the shower, driving to the store, etc etc. but it isn't the same as when I can take my time and really feel my thoughts for each item on my vision board.

Bob Proctor recently sent me a message on Twitter that says write what you want on a card and carry that card with you. Repeat what is on that card numerous times a day. I admit I don't carry a card with me but my favorite mantra is, "I am a Money Magnet" - and sometimes I follow that up with, "Money comes to me frequently and in large sums all the time". Might sound silly but not to those who believe that the Law of Attraction works.

Last October, my husband and I sat down and reviewed our finances. Not pretty! I had just left my job so we were down to just his salary. We owned two houses with mortgages we really couldn't afford and owed money, it seemed, to everyone! We wrote down every single expense we had and I vowed that within THREE YEARS - we would pay everything off. One income vs. HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of Dollars of DEBT = Who am I kidding?!?!?!

 But I was determined that somehow before the end of this year - we would have a third of our debt paid off. I actually gave myself 14 months to do it since we started this the end of Oct 2009 and I thought the extra two months in 2010 would be needed to help reach this goal - although, I admit, in Oct 2009 - I thought there was no way we could pay off that much debt in 14 months on one income!

I had used The Secret to land my fabulous husband, so I know this works. So, starting in October 2009 - I put all my energy into attracting wealth and watching the debt slip away. I can not tell you how it happened, other than I believed it would, but by the end of October 2010 - not only had I reached my goal of paying off a third of our total debt - but I had actually paid off over FORTY PERCENT of all our debt! By the end of this year, when I had hoped to have paid off a third of our total debt, I will have paid off almost HALF of the total debt! Just by repeating as often as I can, "I am a Money Magnet - money comes to me frequently and in large sums all the time"and 'Thank you for all the money that comes to me". And when I can, I prop up my vision board and meditate quietly, for as long as I can.


The Law of Attraction works, but only if you believe and send out your thoughts in the manner that you want them. When my husband would 'win' a grocery store gift card at work- I would say "we are Money Magnets", when I found a penny on the floor - I would say "I am a Money Magnet", and when my old employer sent me a check out of the blue from a pay error found during a recent audit, I say................"I'm a Money Magnet. Thank you for all this money that comes to me!" This has become a habit for me. I now expect money and know it will come. And it does. It took work and constant repeating - replacing doubt with a can do spirit- and believing it will happen. It happened for me. And I now believe by the end of 2011 I'll be completely debt free! Nothing is impossible........after all, I'm a Money Magnet!



No comments:

Post a Comment