The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Friday, January 7, 2011

Can't Lose Weight? This Is Why! No Dieting Needed!



Are you one of the millions of people who made the annual New Year's Resolution to lose weight? We are now one week into the New Year. How is the calorie counting working for you? Are you still sticking to your promise to make this the year you finally lose weight? Are you faithfully measuring out your food and monitoring the scale?

We've all been there and many of us know several tricks that help us manipulate the weight total. I confess to weighing myself before I even have a cup of coffee in the morning - coffee surely adds several pounds - right? Funny perhaps, but weight is no laughing matter to many of us - especially women.

Flipping through the Christmas photos my husband and I took this year, I came to one my husband snapped of me. My first thought upon seeing the photo was, "Holy Crap, I'm fat!"  I have always been overweight, but seeing that photo shocked me. In the past I've always made the New Year's resolutions to lose weight. I've counted the calories, measured out the food portions and monitored the scale. And still I'm fat. Like every other year that has passed, I need to lose weight. No matter how I've tried to follow diets and exercise, the weight never comes off.

A week or so ago I wrote about how we shouldn't make New Year's Resolutions because they only point out our flaws and what we should change or what we lack - thus attraction more of what we should change or more lack of what we want. Following The Law of Attraction, if I want to lose weight and focus on LOSING WEIGHT - the universe only hears SHE WANTS WEIGHT TO LOSE - and therefore I will always be overweight - maintaining excess weight that I need to lose. The universe will give me what I think about. If I'm thinking I'm fat and need to diet, dieting will not help me because the universe will give me what I think about. What I am thinking about is how fat I am, how I need to lose weight and so the powerful universe gives me more of what I am thinking about. (could be why the scale has slowly inched up over the years - the universe is giving me more weight to lose!)

I've practiced the Law of Attraction to successfully find my soulmate and to pay off more debt last year than I ever thought possible. I meditate as much as I can and I have my vision board - both of which include envisioning and focusing on a slim me - but I confess I have not focused my attention on this area of my life as much as I should (this is apparent only after seeing the photo!) So - while I am not making a resolution to lose weight, I am amping up the attention I give to my thoughts about the body I want. It is certainly NOT the one in the holiday photo my husband just took of me!

I plan to devote a lot more attention to my thoughts of the 'perfect body' for myself in the new year. I have printed out photos of myself at much healthier weights and I have also superimposed my face on bodies of mature actresses that are realistic to my age and body type. ( I would love the body of a supermodel - but the universe is powerful, not magical!) I have placed photos in strategic places throughout the house so that I am constantly reminded to offer gratitude for my perfect body. It's not easy changing the lingo that goes with being overweight - dieting, losing weight, fat etc etc - but when I catch myself referring to myself in those terms, I stop and refocus on my slim, healthy body.

I constantly tell myself "I am at my perfect body weight", and "I am healthy and slim" and sing silly songs in my head "I'm so skinny....." Might sound insane but I used these same tactics last year to attract enough money into my life to pay off a substantial amount of debt - debt that I didn't think was possible to pay off!

I know the Law of Attraction works so I have no doubts that this will work for me. For the first time in my life, I KNOW I will have a healthy body! And that is the 'resolution' I have made for the New Year!

If you have ever used the Law of Attraction for attaining your perfect weight, I would love to hear your story. Please drop me a note to share. Thanks and Happy Perfect Weight in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment