The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Remember The Past

I am a believer in the Law Of Attraction. More and more I become convinced it is true. But I never really, REALLY, thought about the past - and things I did to attract past events, people etc into my life before knowing about the Law of Attraction.

The other day I began to realize how past 'obsessions' were mysteriously the Law Of Attraction at work.

As a kid, my Mother was always hauling us to the city for shopping, doctor appointments or the air port. We almost always took the main route into the city which brought us thru a small town with a lake that came up to the highway. I was always fascinated by a little cottage that was perched on a very small island roughly 500 feet from shore. Eventually the cottage came down but over the years I watched as a sapling on that pile of rocks grew bigger and in the summer there were always kids hanging out on those rocks. In time a tire swing went up on that tree. I couldn't pass that lake without looking out at that tiny island.



Heading in the opposite direction from our home, my Mom would take us to another small community that had bigger stores than our hometown - but saved us the 1 hour drive into the big city. Us locals knew the back routes to the big stores and as we crested the hill on one such road, we always turned left - for the other way clearly stated Dead End. I was always intrigued as to what was beyond that sign. There was a big house just beyond the three way intersection that I could see, but not much else. In all my years of riding or driving up that hill - I never ventured up that dead end road, but I always wanted to.

While working at the local hospital, I'll never forget the night I went to the door to meet a local rescue unit that was bringing in a patient. After the back doors to the ambulance were opened, (don't laugh) I was fronted with this denim clad butt climbing backwards out of the vehicle while managing the gurney. Into my head popped, 'Nice Buns' - but as we rushed the patient into the ER, I was highly disappointed to notice a ring on Mr. Nice Buns' finger. But that didn't stop me from rushing to the ambulance bay every time that particular town rescue was backing in to unload. My coworkers knew that if it was that particular town - I had it covered!

The outcome to these stories is this. That cottage on the water was part of a girls camp that eventually was closed, subdivided and sold off. Turns out my future husband's family purchased one of the cottages from that camp and my husband to be was one of those kids that always use to hang out on that island. He and his buddies put up that tire swing.

The house just beyond the intersection on that dead end street is where I am currently typing up this blog posting. When my husband and I were searching for a larger home, he was interested in seeing this place. I told him I knew where it was but wasn't interested - but after many disappointing house searches, while in this area one day I said ok - and the rest is history. And I have been down this dead end road many times!


The ambulance guy with the nice buns - he became my first husband! It didn't last..........but I 'knew' that too because I had always felt like my first husband and I would divorce. Guess what - we did!

Like most people, I don't know how the Law of Attraction really works, but it does. As a young child, I did not set out to find my future husband sitting on those rocks in the middle of that lake - but somehow I was attracted to it just the same. I never dreamed I would someday buy this house - it wasn't on my conscious radar - but I was drawn to it. I have always chalked this power of knowing into a type of 6th sense or intuition - but now I know better. It is The Law of Attraction.

I still have ongoing 'obsessions' ~ How they will play out in the future should be quite interesting. The old Victorian era house that has been abandoned ever since I can remember - I can't help but wonder if that house and I will somehow have a connection some day - have I unknowingly been attracting it into my life by always being fascinated with it when passing by? I've always wanted to flip homes - could this be a labor of love in the future? I guess I'll have to wait and see...............

No comments:

Post a Comment