The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Thursday, March 23, 2017

THANKFULNESS vs. GRATITUDE

"Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts." - Henri Frederic Amiel 



I read this quote and was kind of confused. I consider being thankful the same as being grateful. So I pulled up the dictionary and this is the definition of both words. 




What is the definition of thankfulness?
thank·ful. Adjective. The definition of thankful is someone feeling or showing gratitude. When you are pleased and grateful for what you have, this is an example of a time when you are thankful.



 what is the definition of gratitude?

grat·i·tude. The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
"she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support"


I LOVE that each definition uses the other word in it's description. So Henri - while your quote sounds good - you're wrong. A thankful person is a grateful person. No better, no worse. Just words.



It's all about feeling it, regardless of what you call it. So - which word do you prefer? I think I lean more towards Thankful because I am always saying THANK YOU to the good in my life!

I am THANKFUL you read this. 


 Don't forget to like us on Facebook, join our group and follow us on twitter! Thank you for your continued support!





No comments:

Post a Comment