The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Welcome to The Betterment Network

Welcome to my new blog entitled Betterment Network. What is The Betterment Network? While we are still VERY MUCH in our infancy, the idea behind TBN was to create a support group with sponsors sort of along the idea of Alcoholics Anonymous. There are no 12-steps, but only one, and it follows the teachings of the secret power held by many great people before us. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne is the most popular book on the subject at this time and is the basis for the creation for TBN. I highly recommend her work!

I followed The Secret when I met my future husband, even though he was dating someone else at the time and within 2 months- he was mine and we were inseparable! (this after about 15 years of being single and constantly dating the wrong man!)  Marriage, adoption, housing changes, job changes etc etc all happened within the months that followed and I barely had time to breathe let alone focus on The Secret teachings that were not yet natural for me. Months later, when The Power came out, I anxiously bought it and regained my footing and my focus. I even created a vision board! While I had my soul mate, I still didn't have all the other things most people want - to be a great parent, wealth, health, career success and much more that is personal to me.

While I struggled to maintain my positive focus, I realized how difficult it is when life is swirling around you and wondered if others struggled like I did. Like probably most people, I sign up for a lot of inspirational email subscriptions, but really, who has time to read them? I have lots of friends on Facebook, but I don't have lots of friends. And certainly not many who I can contact and say - help, I need to refocus! They wouldn't have a clue what I am talking about!

It came to me one day that I wish I had someone I could connect with other than via email or FB.  Just like when you call a service provider and can not reach an actual human being, I longed for someone to talk to instead of reading emails - most of which end up trying to sell you something! I am not sure how sponsors work for AA or other 12 step programs, but it seems to me, that when someone is struggling with an addiction and they are wavering in their sobriety, they contact their sponsor who supports and encourages them thru the bad time. (I hope I'm not over simplifying what a sponsor does) I decided I wanted a 'sponsor' who will help me with my addiction (negative or sabotaging thoughts) and help me get back on track - to become a Betterment Person.

The Betterment Network is in it's infancy. The goal is to connect people together so they can support/encourage one another when someone is having a tough time - much like a personal sponsor. But it is also our hope that we will be able to send out more than weekly encouragement to our members - via text, email, facebook and/or twitter. This is all still in the process of being worked out, so please bear with us. I've never texted or tweeted in my life! I have to chat with my 23 year old niece to learn how to do this!

We ARE NOT a professional mental health affiliate - and do not want to be thought of as one. We hope you will think of us more as a new found friend here to offer support when your old way of thinking creeps up on you.

Why the name Betterment? I wanted something that indicated 'to improve'. When looking at the definition, I also noticed that the word seems to pertain a lot to property. And what SHOULD we value most? What is our greatest asset?? Ourselves!!!!!!!!! We all want to be a 'better' person - so I am hoping that everyone who reads this will want to become a 'Betterment Person'!

Why Network? I hope this grows into a network of many who support and encourage one another!

So please become a follower of this blog. Leave feedback! And look for our Facebook Page where you can interact on our wall. We hope this will be a great journey together. Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment