The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Monday, December 13, 2010

Compassion - A Lost Trait in Humanity?

I love reading stories that warm my heart. With so much 'bad' news in the world, it is wonderful to read truly inspirational stories. My most recent feel good story was about a man at the sentencing trial of another man who had brutally murdered this mans sister and her two daughters. During the juries deliberation - this man noticed the brother of the murderer emotionally distraught at the fate awaiting his brother.

This man, the brother/uncle of the victims, approached this distraught man, introduced himself and simply said, "I just wanted to tell you I was sorry you had to go through this." Can you imagine the level of compassion this man must have? He is apologizing to the brother of the murderer!!!

Granted, the defendants brother wasn't the one responsible for the murders, but I am not sure that I, in this mans shoes, could find any sympathy for a relative of the murderer of my sister and two nieces. And herein lies the lesson.......having compassion for others would only attract more compassion for yourself. Reaching out to someone in need, no matter who that person is, can only make your world a better place. Compassion for others, no matter who they are or what they have or haven't done, should be the norm, not the exception.  For a story about a grieving man showing compassion for another grieving man to actually make it into the newspaper is a sad statement of our world today.

The world is not a perfect place and I am the first to admit that I am far from perfect. But I want people to be compassionate for others and to me. And so it all starts with me and anyone else who wants a more caring world. If I start showing more compassion for others, perhaps the world I know will become a more compassionate place and feel good stories won't be big news in the paper anymore because it will be the norm, not the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment