The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Power of The Secret

This is incredible and I have to share this true story with my followers. This shows the power of The Secret.

Monday night I was filling out my Christmas cards to mail to my friends and family. It's something I love to do and doesn't matter if I get cards back or not. As I was flipping my way through my address book, I came to the name and address of my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt, my Mother's sister, passed away 4 days after Christmas in 2007 from pancreatic cancer, in her big old farmhouse, with all of us surrounding her with love and care.

My uncle has since become kind of a recluse. He gave my Mom the genealogy my Aunt had worked on but not much else - even though my Aunt had a lot of family heirlooms that she would want to stay in the family. (They had no children).  While we always invite him to holiday family dinners - he never comes - sometimes going to his sister's in VT instead. None of us have been in the farmhouse since my Aunt died.

It's not just that the farm was my Aunts place. It has more history dating even further back then when my Aunt and Uncle bought it around 1980. Many years ago, an elderly couple owned the farm and my uncle - a different uncle- worked for them as a hired hand. After they no longer had a need to employ my uncle, he still looked after them and helped them. My Mom use to take food up to them once in a while. I remember walking into the house after Mr. E had passed away and Mrs. E was living in just the kitchen and dining room - everything else was blocked off to save heat. As a young kid, that made an impression that has always stuck with me.  When they died, having no children, they left the farm to my Uncle. He sold the estate to a local business man who held the property for several years, unoccupied, until my Aunt and Uncle moved to town and bought the farm back.

Fast forward to present - my husband and I have been considering moving - we need a much bigger house for our growing family. Before bed each night, I read a little from the diaries that my Grandmother use to keep. I happen to be up to 1980 and reading about the recent farm purchase and all the work my grandfather, uncle and other relatives put into helping my Aunt and Uncle make the old farmhouse inhabitable. The diary entries showed me just how much work went into that farmhouse and how many of my loved ones had a hand in fixing the old place up. I realized I hated to see that place sold out of the family.

So, there I am, Monday night, making out Christmas cards and I come to my Uncle. As I wrote out his address on the envelope, I took a moment to think about that address and how I want that address to be my address! I know how The Secret works but never really thought about the farmhouse in that light before. So I envisioned a letter coming to me with that address on the envelope and for the first time really thought about how I want that house, what living in it would be like and how it would feel. I pictured how my stuff would be in it and so forth. I spent several moments thinking about the farmhouse and did again before falling off to sleep that night.

The next morning, a little after 9AM, my Mom calls and she said 'you'll never guess who called me?' MY UNCLE. A man none of us have heard from in nearly 3 years called my Mom up out of the blue to say he wanted my Mom, my sister and I to come up and take what we want out of my Aunts china cabinets as that stuff means nothing to him and he wants us to have it. (I still get goosebumps thinking about this!)

Needless to say, we rushed up and took dishes that belonged to Great Aunts and more, (my Aunt put notes on lots of old stuff to indicate who they had belonged to - this is something that my family does). There was even a dish with a note on the back in my Grandmothers handwriting that said to give to my aunt and then to me. It was very exciting. My uncle also gave my Mom a handmade grandfather clock that an old family friend had made, but more importantly, I had an opportunity to tell my uncle- in person - that should he ever want to sell the farmhouse, I would love to have the first opportunity to buy it. I told him why I wanted it, explaining about the diaries and family history.

While he isn't planning to sell any time soon,  he told me what he wants for it - and it is a steal. The best part is he said if I buy the house - he will just leave everything in the house! All my Aunts stuff will come with the house! That is PRICELESS!

The seed has been planted, my uncle now knows I'm serious about wanting to buy the house and I don't know how it is going to happen or when - but more than ever, I now know that it WILL happen. His calling out of the blue was no coincidence - it was a clear sign from above that this will happen. I'm so confident I almost ordered address labels with my new address on it, but then decided I better save the money for my down payment!

It just goes to show how a little bit of belief in The Law of Attraction can work. Just believe in what you want - make it your own and unimaginable things will suddenly happen to make your dreams come true! The universe is so powerful. I am still in awe of the events of this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment