The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Sunday, July 8, 2012

THINK POSITIVE ~ It's Not Always Easy

Yesterday I spent hours sitting by myself doing a tedious job that required using my hands only. My mind wondered all over the place, but it kept coming back to two recent events that really bug me.


The first stems from a family cookout the other day inwhich someone made a shocking accusations about a very beloved family member. This incident happened over 25 years ago - but apparently this member of our extended family has been harboring anger (reflected by the fist slamming into her hand motion - not once but twice!) all these years about something the rest of the family didn't even know was an issue - until this outburst.  I could go on forever relaying the story but suffice it to say - this is not a well liked family member to begin with and this outburst the other day only cemented the entire families viewpoint about this woman.


The second topic I was dwelling on yesterday involves someone I know who recently won her disability claim and is now being awarded $30,000.00 in back payments plus $5,000.00 for each of her two kids. This woman, who has barely worked in her young lifetime is being paid 40K in a lump payment for past due welfare and then will receive $1,600.00 a month in disability. I'm enraged because I know this person and am not happy about her victory. While some people truly deserve welfare, her career in life seems to be getting disability for everyone in her family. That would be her 3rd victory out of her 4 family members!




Anyhow, I was dwelling on these two subjects for much of my day yesterday when it occurred to me that I was thinking only bad thoughts. Once I realized what I was doing, I made a conscious effort to change my thoughts to happy ones, but sometimes it can be so hard!


I have my 'Happy Song' that I use often to help lift my spirits but somedays that doesn't even work. I would love to hear from my readers on what helps you keep positive thoughts flowing in your mind! Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment