The Betterment Network Mission

The mission of THE BETTERMENT NETWORK is to connect and support members on their journey to a better life.

The mission statement above reflects the goals of The Betterment Network. When I was first enlightened to the Law of Attraction in The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I was so excited- I tried to share with family and friends. But no one I knew personally was interested in my profound discovery.

What I wanted was a network of friends that I could lean on and offer support to in attaining a life full of positive energy, gratitude and being connected to source. The Betterment Network was created so like minded people could get together to support one another in our journey.

This blog is the foundation of The Betterment Network but we also have a greater presence on Facebook and Twitter. We truly value comments, feedback, suggestions and ideas. Please join The Betterment Network and let us know how we can support you on a journey to an amazing life. You can also email me at bettermentnetwork@gmail.com

NEW
- Also on Facebook, we now have a group that allows for interaction among followers. Post questions, offer tips and share inspiration. Look for The Betterment Network Gratitude Journal

THANK YOU
Shop thousands of custom products

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sick with Happiness

Happiness – it is something I think everyone tries to achieve. For some it seems to come so easily but for others, myself included; it takes more of an effort. With careers, spouses, children, homes and other stressors, it can be hard to always maintain a happy feeling. Yet, when we are unhappy, that is a signal to us that something is not right in our lives.

While reading The Secret or The Power, I don’t remember which, it was stressed that if you encounter a negative person, to try to change the subject to something more positive. Try to avoid negative people and negative situations – such as gossip sessions with friends, listening to the news etc etc. In theory, that sounds simple enough but the reality is that sometimes it is impossible.

Personally speaking, I feel isolated if I don’t know what is going on in the world. I don’t succumb to listening to the news 24 hours a day, but I do admit to listening to the local broadcast news reports nightly – I even tivo them so I don’t miss the latest news.

And there are negative people in my life who also happen to be family. How could I ever ignore them?!?!

Research by Harvard recently discovered that JOY is like a virus – as stated in the 5/31/10 Woman’s World magazine – but didn’t we already know that happiness is contagious?? Just like gloom and despair can be contagious. Some people have a real knack for knocking the happiness sail out of some people! I think it’s a no brainer that if you want to feel happy, surround yourself with happy people, places and events!

Feeling feelings of happiness will bring more happiness into your life. But when the world is making you not so happy, contact a happy person – there is a 34% chance you will ‘catch’ her bug – and who wouldn’t want to be bitten by the Happiness Bug???

No comments:

Post a Comment